Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Weekly Update 7/22

I'm still slowly recovering from my swollen knee. I have been reading "The Well-Built Triathlete" by Matt Dixon. So far, it is an interesting read, I do like his priority on recovery. I will follow his recommendation to separate execise fueling and daily nutrition. I will continue to follow a low carb daily nutrition plan to help my weight loss, but I'm thinking that I will try to incorporate his exercise fueling plan. My hope is that if I have been under recovering becuase of my lack of fueling before and after my training. I should be able to increase my training load without injury.

My only gripe with "The Well-Built Triathlete" is that it isn't available in a kindle or e-book format.

So onto the training plan for next few weeks. I will concentrate on my swimming and slowing increase my cycling and running volume and frequency. I will add fueling before and after training to help my recovery and keep a close eye on my knee to see how well it absorbs the training I have planned.

More from "the Well-Built Triathlete" next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment