Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Swimming and a little More Swimming

So considering my fragility as a "tri-athlete", I have been concentrating on swimming to build my endurance and swimming technique. I have started a “Zero to 1650 in Six Weeks” program to help me become more comfortable in the water and build my confidence.

Integrating this plan with TI drills as a warm-up and using TI "thoughts" while I swim is the ongoing plan. Trying to keep a focus or though on one part of my swimming, like my body rotation has been more difficult than I imagined. The struggle of getting comfortable with breathing, keeping my swim “thought” and counting laps has me thinking more about what lap I’m on vs. my swim ”thought”. That said, my swimming has improved, I have had a few laps each session where things have come together. Those laps feel really smooth and fast(well, fast for me).

Here is last week’s swimming workout:
Three Sessions of :
4 x 100 yards (or meters)...rest for 12 breaths between 100s
4 x 50 yards...rest for 8 breaths between 50s
4 x 25 yards...rest for 4 breaths between 25s
total: 700 yards (each session)
See this link for the full plan

No comments:

Post a Comment