Thursday, July 17, 2014

Injury Recovery, Swimming and Weight Loss

Injury recovery is going slowly. The swelling has gone down. However the day after swimming I still get some pain in my left knee. I will slowly increase the frequency of swimming and then add in running next week and see how I recover from the training.

I have been following the Total Immersion (TI) method of swimming. I'm pleased with the progress I have made so far. My stroke is smooth, but I have been struggling with my breathing. Breathing every third stroke has been ok, but I need to check my head placement and rotation to ensure that I can get a breath without swallowing or inhaling water. I will dedicate a post to the TI method in the near future.

My weight loss has stopped. With my daughters birthday, I cheated and have struggled to get back to my diet. I have gotten back to making my food for the workday and having the prepped food (precooking bacon, making chili) I need to put together a quick tasty meal that is low or no carb.

I have been wondering if i need to consume a small amount of carbs after I train to ensure that I get a good recovery. I have picked up The Well-Built Triathlete by Matt Dixon. I will review it in the coming weeks.

Weekly totals 7/6 - 7/12:
Swimming: 1.25 hours
Bike: 0 hours
Run: 0 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment